Sunday, September 28, 2014

QUALITIES






                                                   QUALITIES
                                      WEEK 5 ( SEPT 22-26) 

My Accomplishment:
I was able to have my first demo teaching in English and Aral Panlipunan.  I checked quiz papers, seat works and activity sheets. I taught a song about multiplication table even though I don’t have a good voice.
I also facilitate the class while having their summative test in mother tongue and Filipino. I encounter questions from the pupils about the summative test to clarify and verify something.

My Significant Experience:
When I had my demo teaching in Aral Panlipunan, I used Power point to discuss my lesson at social hall. I noticed that the pupils listen attentively and they were actively parting by answering my questions.  I use video to show the different calamities such as typhoon, earthquake, landslide, volcanic eruption and fire happening in our society. Through that they were able to see what are the effects of the calamities, what things need to do and need to know.
I used picture in mathematics to explain multiplication and taught song about multiplication in order for them to easily memorize the multiplication table. The pupils enhance their mentally skills.
My insight:
                I must impart the use of technology when teaching. This helps me to deliver the lesson clearly and clarify some ideas to the pupils. There were many theories that through the use of technology, the pupils develop the 21 first century skills. Last year we attended seminar and workshop about the technologies use inside the classroom. There was much evidence to prove the big support of the multimedia to the pupils and also the teachers. It encourages more contribution of the pupils and use of more senses. It boosts the attention of the pupils and create conducive atmosphere.
        There were also studies that if more senses involve the more impart to the pupils life and they can use in  a real life situation. They can also relate from the lesson through the materials used and observe from their own environment.

Problem:
        The problems I encounter last week were how can I deliver my lesson in Aral Panlipunan and Mathematics. What materials I must use to catch the attention of the pupils and maintain their interest. 
        Some of pupils were not listening, they walk around inside the classroom and most of them were lazy to copy their notes.  There were six boys pupils who were usually answering their quiz or summative test.
Solution:
I use picture to deliver my lesson in mathematics and PowerPoint presentation in Aralin Panlipunan, I use video also.
I go around with the classroom and check their notes. I encounter questions from the pupils and monitor the pupils especially the six boys.
I encourage them to copy their notes and ask question, if they don’t know the answer.
My Goal:
My goal for next week is to finish the 30 demo teaching and 30 lesson plan. I want also to experience straight teaching. I want also to create instructional materials that is manipulative and eye catching to the pupils in order for them to maintain their interest and be participate in the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment