Sunday, October 12, 2014

Once a Teacher, forever a student





week # 7 October 6-10
Once a Teacher, forever a student
My Accomplishment:
 
I was able to have my straight teaching. Checked papers quizzes and seat works and able to record them also. I monitor them also while having their quizzes and I gave support for those 7 pupils having hard time in solving mathematics and reading.

My significant Experience

 Last week, I felt so tired but I just motivate myself that I need to finish this in order to accomplish all the requirements in public school. I think of my parents money, I don’t want to just waste them and enjoyed myself at the end I regret it.  I must do this to felt the satisfaction after all the sacrifices I done. I was motivated by my cooperative teacher even though she is old, she still teaches with quality. I want also that if ‘m the one who is teaching I want that pupils learn from me and at least there are ideas that remain from their minds.
I was able to experience the straight teaching even though I’m tired at least I know there were ideas or factual knowledge they get from me. I facilitate them also while having their summative test, I gave support for those pupils having hard time. I felt I heard 2 out of 7, trying to read at least they tried. They know now how to read I just guide them but those 5 pupils, I don’t know what to do, they were not listening attentively, not answering and not bother to try to read. I learn lots of things from them, I learn how to make jokes that were suited to them, we laugh together and from their experience.
I know that sometime I felt irritated but I kept in myself to think those positive in order to attract positive energy.

My insight:

I know that teacher must first think of the welfare of the pupils before her/his welfare. So means even though I’m tired, I must inspire myself to do quality teaching and focus my attention in my priorities to attain my goal.
One of the theories means that giving scaffolding or support to those pupils who were in need have great impact in their learning and giving opportunities to them.
The saying once a teacher forever a student means a teacher will continues learning inside the classroom or outside through the pupils participations, questions, answers and experience, even though the teacher is old he/she learn from his/her pupils. The teacher will continue reading books, updated the social media, society issues and adopt the technologies. She/ he can use it as medium of instruction when he/she teach.
I have seen this to my cooperative teacher even though she is old, she updates herself how to manipulate technologies and adjust in the situation of those pupils or the learning styles.

 Problem:

 Last week, my pupils become noisier and they were not paying attention attentively. They walk around the classroom, chatting with each other and playing. I’m mad at them but then I just control my emotions. I look at them but there was no effect, they look at me also. I shout just to stop them, that is effective for a meantime but again they repeated their attitudes as following days.
 
Solutions: 

One of my co-practicum tells me about the behavioral chart, I tried that strategies using smile face when they were listening and sad face if not. I explained to them, why this group got smiley faces but the other were not given. I noticed that they became quite and just raising their hand if they have the answer of my question.

My goal for next week:

I want that before their examination on, I’m done with my 30 demo teaching and including the straight teaching. I want also to do some renovation of the bulletin board before I leave grade 2 Sincerity. I want also that my pupils will remember me even though I’m just with them in a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment